About Silver City Independent Publishing Co. LLC
Silver City Independent Publishing Co. LLC
The Silver City Daily Press has a long history, starting as a daily newspaper in 1935 but tracing its roots back to the Silver City Independent, a weekly predecessor. Over the years, it has witnessed significant changes in Grant County and adapted to the evolving needs of the community. Several newspapers preceded the Daily Press, including the Mining Life, The Herald, and the Southwest Sentinel. The Silver City Independent was founded in 1896 and later acquired by Colonel Clyde E. Ely in 1934. In 1935, the Daily Press was established. Ownership of the newspaper passed through the Ely family until 2014 when it was transferred to the Silver City Independent Publishing Company. The Independent reappeared as a separate weekly newspaper in 2015. The Daily Press and Independent have played a crucial role in chronicling Grant County life for over a century, and they continue to document the growth and progress of Southwest New Mexico.